Monday, January 15, 2007

Peace Corps Zambia 2007

Well Hello There...
So this is my blog. I will have limited internet access so instead of mass e-mails, I will be writing my thoughts and experiences here. I should be able to update once a month or so. BAIC INFO: I am heading to Washington D.C on 1/22 for orientation and shots and will be flying to Johannesburg on the 25th and will arrive in Zambia (my humble home for the next couple of years) on the 26th. I will be in training near the capitol of Lusaka for 3 months, where I will live with a host family and familiarize myself with the country. March 29th I will be sent to my very own village where I will live in my very own mud hut. There I will be a Community Health Development Extensionist (that is a word peace corps made up...yeah they can do that) and will work with the Community Action for Health Project. AKA...HIV/AIDS education, water purification, waste management, infant care and basic health. I will assess the situation of my village and develop projects according to the situation. This has been a long process and I am ecstatic to get started. It will be hard to leave my wonderful friends and family, but 2 years is nothin right? Keep me, and the people of Zambia in your prayers! MUCH LOVE....lisa

3 comments:

El Canto del Ăšltimo said...

you are a wonderful woman, great things you will do! i love you, im with you whatever you go!

God be with you all the time my dear Lisa!

Taraxa said...

be safe.
i will keep Linsey in line (though she hardly needs it). and i will keep you in my thoughts. i am fortunate to have met you and to watch you grow and change the world.

Lizi said...

lisa...
thinking of you always.
counting down the days until we reunite...only 987 left....yipppeeee!
all my love to you my friend
lizard